Saksookeh Pic of the Week (SPW)

Saksookeh Pic of the Week (SPW)
Rattling in ts cage

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

INSOMNIA

I’d like to correct one idea that “fight club” marketed in a beautiful packaging and made the whole concept seem appealing:

I’ve been insomniac for 6 years now, mine is a mild insomnia (the 3:30 insomnia), and I find insomnia not as elegant as fight club sells it to say the least. For a start : Insomnia does NOT make you feel sleepy all the time, everything is NOT a copy of copy, the idea is that insomnia makes you as far from being sleepy as you can get. Everything gets over-experienced and therefore over analyzed as if you started and finished a video game and you start all over again, and again and again. Every thing gains more differentiating features making it fall in its own category, away from its “copies”. That does apply on the other things that you do in day time, because you have time to over-think the events and therefore capture an excess bundle of inputs that normally you wouldn’t have, and you realize later that you shouldn’t have either.

Sometimes I wonder whether you over-think because you have insomnia or you have insomnia because you over-think and worry too much. But then again I wake up at nights when I’ve been having a long vacation and having nothing to worry about.

Why then is it an unworthy experience? First I never seem to develop another cool character that lives at night, or maybe we should ask my friends, anyways, that falls under schizophrenia. You are not sleepy but you are dead tired, you are awake not half awake and you know that you are not sleepy!

Herbal potions, alcohol, chloral hydrate, paraldehyde, urethane, sulfonal and laudanum. Are all possible treatments, they make you sleep , but their problem is that you wake up more tired than if you were mine working and weight lifting while running all night. I don’t know about you but I well prefer the actually doing stuff option.